11.09.2006

isn't she lovely . . .


2 things I will never forget:

When Paul's parents (Mike & Kathy Wagner) first came into the room after Avery was born, Kathy took one look at Paul holding that brand-new Avery and said,
"and NOW you know how much we love you"

When I awoke that next morning Paul was humming/singing and practically twirling (?) to Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely".
He confessed, with the broadest smile I'd ever seen on his face:
"every time I've thought of her, that song fills my head"

We've actually called it "Avery's Song" ever since.
And all of our kids can pick it out of a fleeting radio station scan or grocery store muzac in little over a measure.
"Hey, this is Avery's song!" they announce.

Each time I hear it, I find myself going back in time, seeing Paul's smile,
hearing Kathy's words
and
realizing that I understood exactly what she meant.

I love being with couples in love.
It lifts my spirits and puts so many other things in perspective.

But seeing Andy & Cindy Jira with Madison ~
even more powerful and perspective-granting.

Coincidentally, this shoot took place on Cindy & Andy's wedding anniversary.
Here they are November 2002:




CLICK HERE
to see
how they've
grown.


It's the Welcome to the World, Madison Jira show.

Those are some FANTASTIC parents you've got there, girl.

wondering
where-o-where
the time
has gone

~ amy enderle




3 COMMENTS:

Jennie said...

Oh, ladies! I came into work early because I had a TON of work to do, and frankly, I wasn't looking forward to the day at all. Yet you managed to make me giggle, smile and to lighten my heart all at once with those adorable pics. You've made my day, and probably captured some of the most true and heart-touching moments of a baby's first few days! Have a great weekend, and know that you've made tons of people happy by just looking at your pics. Love to you!

tnc said...

She certainly is lovely!! Beautiful shots!! - much love, tracy

Anonymous said...

Loved these pictures Amy!! Sweet Baby Girl!! I was smiling and giggling too! priceless moments, her parents will forever treasure those....Karen