12.01.2008

sneak peak from Hope Town

it's never easy leaving paradise.

[--sigh--]

this morning paul and i say goodbye to heavenly weather
(and our wonderful host! and her Beloved)
and fly north toward that freshly fallen midwestern snow . . .

if i'm productive on the plane, i may have a slideshow to upload soon,
but just in case we're a few days from that point, i couldn't resist sharing.

scroll on: a few early favorites from mike + mary's bahamian engagement session:


above: just in front of mary's place, the mission house at hope town

and she has the CUTEST little phone booth at the front edge of her sidewalk:


here mike + mary are next to st johns methodist church (and the ocean in her backyard):



wanna meet a few of the kids from her youth group?
LOVE THIS!



and they LOVE LOVE LOVE "miss mary"



it's easy to see why:



THIS little island (abaco) is the "real deal bahamas".
oh we're so glad we came!



what joy it is to soak in the colors!!!!





hope town redefines picturesque!
(or maybe it's THESE TWO who make the magic)



mary + mike: thank you is no where near enough.
what a wonderful time we've had!!!

we'll never forget taking the boat to thanksgiving dinner and
can't wait to share that sea glass with our kids.

and speaking of kids, the other big BIG thanks goes to paul's parents (and my mom!!)
there's nooooo way we could have pulled off this trip with you.
hugs to all! see you soon!!!
amy

7 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, i can NEVER thank you enough!! these are so fabulous, i am really excited!! thank you so much for making this a wonderful thanksgiving that i will remember forever.

tnc said...

Those shots definitely brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful couple, what an amazing place, and what a fantastically talented photographer! Amy, I'm so glad we know you! You bring such joy!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, once again I am left in awe of your talent. You capture such personality and feeling in your photographs and these pictures of Mary and her betrothed are nothing short of perfection. Congratulations on yet another job well done!

Love you,
Destiny

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!
I did not tell you that I produced & managed photo shoots for years for Atlantis, Paradise Island (my past life before opening the Coffee House). I have to say that you are incredibly talented. I love your style. And what you are able to capture and evoke all in one shot. Amazing. I would have hired you for lifestyle shots if I had known of you. At any rate, I have forwarded your gallery with the highest recommendations to the person who took my job when I left... and some other people I know. Keep doing what you do.
Mary just got on the ferry and she is still smiling and thrilled about her photo shoot. That is one HAPPY bride-to-be!!
Blessings.
~Heather (aprosa@coralwave.com)

Jennie said...

Amy,
I love the brilliance of the colors. Each shot of yours makes me want to be where that couple is. Paradise, here I come!

Jennie

ashley turner said...

Amy, these are just gorgeous! Love them.

Sophia Victoria said...

WOW! Your photography is amazing. I'm a friend of Mike Saou. Your colorization and quality is awesome. What are you shooting with? I shoot with a D80, but your coloring is beautiful. Is it the settings, or what you do in the editing process? Absolutely beautiful.