7.25.2006

a bit behind, but Feeling Good . . .

remember being little, thinking how ridiculous adults sounded when they said:
"My how time flies" or
"Where has this month gone" ? ? ?
And now it's me. Does this mean I'm old? [note: hey that's meant to be rhetorical only :~ ]
Since I last made an entry I've documented the wedding celebrations of 3 very different but incredibly wonderful couples.
Cristina & Matt were married July 8 here in Columbia. Their ceremony was at Missouri Methodist, a church I've shot in many times, but I've never created pictures in that sanctuary that I'm more excited about than these. Big BIG thanks to that day's assistants: Stacie Pottinger just nailed exposures from the front balcony during the ceremony and Sara Brown's timing & angles [even though she shot seated by the aisle], are tremendous.

Missouri Methodist is beautiful & awe-inspiring, but quite dark [even during the afternoon] & pretty darn tricky to photograph. Honestly I've never seen a ceremony here photographed any better than what the three of us were able to do working as a team that day. Confessing the obvious: great images are never just because a photographer was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment & know-how. It's all about the LOVE. Matt & Cristina have an amazing chemsitry. When they smiled at each other as Cristina was coming down the aisle, it was if there was no one else in the room -- nonetheless 300 friends. I think every woman in the room feel a little bit in love with Coach Matt Heet that day, but clearly it is Cristina with whom he is smitten [and vice-versa!]. How fun it will be to watch these two grow old together.

Mizzou fans will get a special kick out of this album. Take a look and see!

  • Matt & Cristina's Album


  • Oh, and one final thought. Really, just a shoutout to all involved. WOW! -- to anyone who played any part in the re-creation of the Kemper Ballroom in the recently rennovated Lela Raney Wood Hall on Stephens campus -- what magnificant work you did! This ballroom is BEAUTIFUL. The wooden plank floors, the histroric light fixture, those oversized windows; all absolutely breathtaking. What an asset to Stephens campus, to downtown Columbia and to our community's history. It was the perfect place for Matt & Cristina, a Stephens College graduate, to dance the night away. Great people. Great atmosphere. Delicious food. And friends who are fabulously fun. I haven't been creating albums of the weddings I've documented of late -- I've LOVED, LOVED Kim's, but they really take some time. With
  • these images
  • however, I just couldn't help myself -- it just seems the pictures themsevles were begging to be more than 4x6 proofs.
    It's all about the love. ~ amy

    2 COMMENTS:

    Anonymous said...

    Oh happy day! More posts from you two...it makes me smile to check out your wonderful images when I start off my days...

    Hope all is well with you guys! Sending good wishes and happiness your way!

    Best,
    Jennie (Losapio) Iverson

    Anonymous said...

    Yay! finally! I've been checking the blog daily (instead of editing my own work ;) and I'm so happy to finally see this entry. I had a FANTASTIC time documenting this wedding. I felt super confident in the images I was getting from the balcony and the love was definitely flowing. Good luck to you, Matt and Cristina...it was an honor to be a tiny part of your day. -stacie