10.22.2006

Jessica & Kurt . . . a perfect day

First, a question for The Silver Lining readers, (we so totally envision the Losapio sisters and Tracy C. when we say "readership") but really, for anyone who stumbles upon this, we'd love to know....

When you check the Silver Lining, would you rather:
a. read our ramblings;
b. see images;
c. view the unfolding pages of an album, via album slideshow;
d. find a slideshow set to music;
e. be surprised, (i.e. have us mix it up); or
f. are we forgetting an option?

Hmmm.....

Finding myself sliding further and further behind...
I fear that if I don't post now --
even though it may be incomplete --
I may not ever get to it. :(

AND, I so want to share.

We feel very lucky to make our living documenting your lives.

Is it overly sappy to say that we fall in love a little bit with each couple??

Spending the day with, especially brides, gives us such insight into who you are as a person, what makes you happy, and what relationships you hold dear [with fiance, with parents, with lifelong friends, with siblings, etc]

We become so impressed and enamored with capturing our clients in the best light [both literally & figuratively] that there always seems to be so much we'd love to tell & show...but life intervenes. Thus, though I'd LOVE to tell you all about Jessica & Kurt [Wonderful day. Perfect weather. Kind, KIND people, oh! and I especially loved Jessica's bridesmaid friends Rikki & Sarah and wish they lived down the street!!] Anyway, I'd love to tell you much, much more, but am in the end, simply posting images, instead.
On the photographic side, I'm especially proud of our lighting efforts. [A big thanks to Karen Eagle for tirelessly lighting so many of my favorite shots.] I wish I had the time to share more ABOUT these neat people, but noting the length of my to-do-list, will simply share my most favorite images from their celebration instead:
~ the above is esp. fun b/c Jenny, the stylist, takes creative ideas to a whole new level. AND she and Jake just recently booked me to document their upcoming wedding celebraton. And I'm sooo excited about it!!








I often capture the women getting dressed but how cute is this of pre-game Kurt?!? Love the angle here!!










THIS SEPIA IMAGE
ON THE LEFT
IS PERHAPS
MY MOST FAVORITE
DETAIL / STILL-LIFE
SILVERBOX SHOT
OF THE YEAR ! ! !
(of course I haven't seen all of Kim's images yet....and details are one of her many, many specialities!)

Jessica, what wonderful detail in your gown! Let's make this a huge art print for your wall!
Heck, let's make it for MY wall!! Your gown, like your day, was, well....perfect.










And Senior Hall
on Stephens College campus
was the perfect
PERFECT setting
for their reception.

Mr. and Mrs.
Kurt & Jessica Elliff,
I am so happy for you.
Thank you, thank you
for the opportunity to document your day.
~ amy

6 COMMENTS:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all.....

Anonymous said...

Honestly, leave it like it is!! I love reading your "ramblings," seeing your images, looking at albums! All of them remind me of what a huge part of our families you two have become!

~Christi (Losapio) Everett

tnc said...

how about f. all of the above and more! I love this blog and check it constantly - keep it comin'!!! - Tracy

Jennie said...

OK...hee hee...laughed when I saw that my sister had already posted, but I agree with the aforementioned posts...I love it the way that it is. And just so you know, I have shared the site with dozens of folks...I send it to friends that were in our wedding periodically, to people at work who need a quick pick-me-up (your images always make me smile, and they've helped turn around days for friends here), and I've posted the website on the knot...so your "readership" is more than you think, my dear friends!!!

So f, all of the above...love the slideshows, love the "blog," love the images, love it all, love you guys!!!!!

Seriously, Scott and I talk about getting married all over again just so we can have you guys with us! And to get more pictures!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Cheers and happy Monday,
Jennie

Jennie said...

And I went to high school with Jessica...so exciting to see her wedding pics! Tell her I send my most heartfelt congratulations...she was a gorgeous bride!

Anonymous said...

In anwer to your impromptu survey...I love to see it all! Amy, you shot our wedding day BEAUTIFULLY! And I love to go through this website from time to time to see all the other moments you capture. I hate to admit it, but I gotta say that I get a little bit jealous at every one else's photos. You and Kim both have a way of shooting wedding after wedding and NOT have ONE photo look like another! And even though I LOVE our wedding photos, I always get a little jealous when I see another photo of yours that I wish was part of our "box" of photos! Keep up the good work, you two...and keep those slide shows coming!

-Ashley (Nagel) Mattes