10.01.2007

what's old is what's new . . .

Rachel + Matt have a deep appreciation for antiques and things that have stood the test of time. Because of that appreciation, I wasn't surprised when Rachel told me that she most loves sepia images.

The oldest photographs found in my grandparents chest of pictures (which I LOVED looking through growing up!) were indeed sepia ~ softly brown; significantly aged. I had those pictures in mind when I created this:

and ESPECIALLY this:

On you monitor can you see the "texture" in the above? This is this first time I've experimented with texture adjustment ~ a technique that further replicates the slightly distressed, aged feeling the images are designed to create. I was having such creative fun with textures, I couldn't resist some vintage color work, too:

Isn't that a GREAT old truck!!
Matt and his groomsmen restore old cars (and trucks!) and took advantage of Lady of Lourdes circle drive to set the stage for the wedding. Here's what we did between the wedding and their reception:






and let's not forget Rachel and the girls:

Here's yet another example of why we LOVE having a second shooter on hand. Look at this fabulous image Karen Eagle created (the first one) while I was staging and shooting the second:


And speaking of SilverBox assistant shooter Karen Eagle ~ Karen really excels at photographing kids! It seems she never fails to notice their subtle changes of expression and the emotional reality a wedding's youngest guests bring to the celebration.

Great work, Karen! And great wedding, Rachel + Matt ~ thanks so much for having us document your day.





~ Thanks for taking a look!
Oh, have you seen Matt + Rachel's slideshow?
amy enderle

0 COMMENTS: